Overview: A relaxing family vacation with young children is easier than ever at Aulani. Whether it’s splashing around at the pool with toddlers, building sand castles on the beach, or having a magical encounter with Mickey Mouse, children are entertained and engaged with magic around every corner of the resort. A host of child-friendly amenities and enhanced services make this destination resort an ideal choice for young families.
- There’s fun for kids ages 3-12 at Aunty’s Beach House, a 5,200-square-foot club open 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. daily. Disney-trained counselors inspire and entertain with dance contests, science experiments, Hawaiian storytelling, dress up, movies and snacks.
- Throughout Aulani, little ones are sure to spot some familiar faces—Disney Characters who can’t wait to meet them!
- On the Menehune Adventure Trail, adults can take children on an interactive journey led by the mischievous “little people” of Hawai‘i.
- Water works wonders for kids, and Waikolohe Pool is “zero entry” making it easy for little minnows to enter. Lifeguards are on duty from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. and tot-sized float vests are available.
- Youngsters can splash at Menehune Bridge, an interactive water-play area with three slides, a climbing structure and more. Here, tots can discover menehune, the mythical little people known for mysterious happenings on the islands.
- Curious kids can peek through giant windows embedded in caves at Rainbow Reef, a private snorkeling lagoon filled with colorful marine life and some fun surprises.
- Laniwai, the family-friendly spa, cradles babies in the lap of luxury with a special session geared toward teaching parents how to massage their child (up to two years old) to help with sleep and digestion. While one parent learns the art of baby massage, the other parent relaxes with a massage treatment. Family massage is on the menu too, for kids over five years old with a parent or guardian.
- Sea, sun and sand beckon youngsters to the beachfront to build sand castles, frolic in the waves and take in the beauty of the island.
- The Daily ‘Iwa is a handy planning tool to check daily schedules for poolside games, storytelling and Disney Character meet and greets.
- Upon check-in, pint-sized stools, televisions and interactive fun at Nā Pua Place kid’s lounge keep young guests entertained.
- There is no need to pack all the baby gear, as strollers, swings, car seats and other baby essentials can be rented through Paradise Baby Company, which also provides in-room delivery.
- Baby-care products such as disposable diapers, baby wipes, formula and teethers are for sale at Kālepa’s Store.
- Aulani has bed rails, bottle warmers, outlet covers, booster seats and high chairs that can be “checked out” (with a deposit) for use during a stay.
- Private poolside cabanas offer added shade and privacy for a peaceful afternoon slumber. Reservations are required.
- All guest rooms have portable cribs/playpens, bedding and a mini refrigerator.
- The spacious Disney Vacation Club Villas feature at-home conveniences, such as kitchenettes and a washer/dryer.
- Nurturing babysitters are on site to care for and entertain either in-room or at the resort pool, beach or restaurants. Reservations are required.
- Disney chefs have kids in mind with all-time favorites on the “keiki” or kids menus. Plus an elaborate buffet with Mickey and friends is sure to delight at Aunty’s Breakfast Celebration at Makahiki on select days. Reservations are required.