Overview: The first-ever spa created by Disney, Laniwai is a unique resort spa experience that specializes in catering to your every need — whether you come alone, as a couple or with the whole family.
The Hawaiian word “laniwai” (pronounced lah-nee-vai) means “freshwater heaven,” and the spa lives up to its name with more than 150 treatments. With 18,000 square feet indoors and 5,000 square feet outdoors, the area includes 15 treatment rooms, Laniwai is home to O’ahu’s only outdoor hydrotherapy garden–Kula Wai. Even teens get their own sanctuary, Painted Sky–and it’s the only teen spa in Hawaii.
As for pampering, guests can choose to indulge in a host of services that include everything from rejuvenating signature massage therapies and herbal body remedies to salon services and an on-site fitness center.
- 15 treatment rooms, including a couples room and a flex room for treatments for two-plus guests, including families.
- Treatments include signature lilinoe (fine rain), herbal body remedies, massage therapies, vitality baths, facials and skin boosters.
- Signature therapies include:
- Signature Lomilomi: In the traditional Hawaiian massage, gentle, rhythmic pressure relieves tension and promotes healing. Our Signature Lomilomi adds the uses of soothing Lomilomi sticks and warm river stones to help you achieve ultimate relaxation.
- Kilikili: Pairs exfoliation and massage with coconut oil under streaming jets of warm waters. This treatment takes place in Lilinoe, our private rainwater suite.
- Dressing rooms for men and women include eucalyptus-infused steam, dry sauna and relaxation room. There is also a separate space for co-ed relaxation.
- With ‘Ohana Means Family, a special massage experience is designed for three to six family members (ages 5 and up) and utilizes the healing touches of lomilomi sticks.
- Other specialty treatments are designed especially for expectant mothers and new moms, as well as couples.
Kula Wai Hydrotherapy Garden
- As the only outdoor hydrotherapy garden in O’ahu, Kula Wai is entirely dedicated to relaxation and restoration of the body.
- The 5,000-square-foot garden retreat offers pampering amenities, including private vitality pools, a reflexology path, six rain-style showers, whirlpool jet spas and a lounge area with a menu of healthy snacks.
- In addition, guests have the opportunity to blend their own body polish at Pulu Bar, the mixology station.
- Guests can enjoy complimentary access to Kula Wai with the purchase of any full-service spa treatment.
Painted Sky Teen Spa
- Exclusive to teens ages 13 to 17, Painted Sky is the only teen spa in Hawaii where teens can relax and make new friends.
- The 1,500-square-foot retreat offers age-specific spa treatments, activities and more.
- Painted Sky amenities include an acai and yogurt bowl bar, relaxation area, computer station and D.I.Y. (Do It Yourself) Iliahi mixology bar to blend personalized Hawaiian body polishes, perfume and face masques.
- Laniwai’s full-service salon houses four manicure stations, four pedicure stations and two hair stations. In addition, grooming treatments are available for men.
- Magical makeovers—the keiki wahine experience—are also available for kids ages 3 and up.
Mikimiki Fitness Center and Classes
- Fitness Center is open 24 hours for resort guests.
- The state-of-the-art, 2,000-square-foot health club features Life Fitness cardiovascular and strength training equipment, a Kinesis machine, free weights and a stretching area.
- For guests interested in a personalized workout session, expert, certified trainers are available to customize a program to meet your fitness needs. Fees apply.
- Fitness classes include yoga, spinning, beach workouts, aquatic exercise, meditation and tai chi. Each class is led by a member of the fitness team at Aulani.